Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Village

This title is so lame that it reminded me of the silly essays we used to do in primary school. The village is not mine - I don't own it (I wish!), nor am I a native from here. In fact, we've only moved here in the beginning of April, so it's quite new to me, but I do like it because it is very very close to town, but with the benfits of the country-side, so I do enjoy calling it ”mine”. Since I have to go out with the children, I get to walk in my village. It is not something extraordinary, some tourist atraction, but it is nice and tidy and pretty, with open spaces and green spaces, with flowers and animals, with a park and a lake. Now and then I like taking some pictures and here's a first batch: Fountain with sculptures at the back of the town hall
Probably a farmer's mailbox - inventive, right?
And speaking about farmers, here are some gorgeous animals
...and the cows under a typical summer sky
Oh, but wasn't this supposed to be a blog about plants? Yeah, here are some wild ones :-)
and the beautiful flower of a tulip tree in the park
and I want to leave you with a rose I fell in love with during one of my walks in the park. I don't know its name, but I love its color and its fragrance. I plan to take some cuttings and try rooting them later on

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, beautiful pictures of the animals and flowers you made. In former posts I saw your beautiful roses, which I love very much.
    I am your new follower.
    Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolie vilage!!! :O) J`adore!!!
    Have a nice day!!
    xxx Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete