Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Village - The Park in Bloom

A quiet Sunday walk in the park, with my girl asleep and me enjoying the sun and the birds' song and the blooms.
It was mid-June, so the flowers were at their best. The park in Hesperange has green open areas and garden-like areas that look half wild. I love this combination and I am so glad I have pictures to remind me of the nice couple of hours of perfect relaxation just 2min from my home.
The pink rugosas with their amazing fragrance

What I discovered to be a Canadian liliac

And more rugosas



And azaleas
Japanese quince
Some weird-weird plant....
The geraniums were in full bloom
and they were making great combos

And finally this mystery rose from a bed near the town-hall that looks like a hybrid tea with a great lilac colour and a wonderful smell.
I always plan to take a cutting, but never have so far




2 comments:

  1. Ce plimbare frumoasa :) E asa de bine, cand clipele de liniste si armonie se pot pastra in amintire cu ajutorul fotografiilor ... Splendizi trandafirii !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello i am from uruguay ! my english it a poor but i can help you

    this rose http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-J2h16qJcRlQ/UfDUEc8MWOI/AAAAAAAABC8/2ZZiDnzchPo/s320/05+Unknown.jpg
    i think called Madam Isaac Pereire (1881)
    is an Borbian Rose (old roses)
    hope I've helped

    bye kisses !

    visit my site at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rosedal-Maldonado/484764778204922
    many roses to see

    ReplyDelete