Thursday, January 16, 2014

Blooms of mid-July

Ok, this is very strange indeed.
I do remember having posted this pretty much about the time when I took the photos (that is mid-July) but I found it in my drafts section and nowhere on my blog.
 
Therefore, in the middle of winter (ha!), I give you some colourful summer blooms.
Enjoy!
 
Some pretty bloom grown from seed
 
David Austin's Pilgrim - a relentless bloomer
 
Pretty Lady Emma Hamilton
 
Tea Clipper, an older rose by David Austin
 
Rosa Pierre de Ronsard (or Eden Rose) with fully opened blooms.
I must confess I much prefer them not quite so open :)

A double poppy.
I let the seeds fall on the ground, so let's see what next summer brings
 
Prettiest soft pink poppy, a perenial this time

These are 2 plants I removed from my garden at the end of the season.
The monarda, in the foreground, was too gaudy a pink to mix well with the rest of the coulour and the echinacea had grown too big for my linking, so it's in a friend's garden now.
 
 
Astrantia ruby ...something. A fuss-free perenial that goes so well in bouquets
 
Alium
And a pink pelargonium on my balcony









6 comments:

  1. ...a welcome sight in the middle of winter...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      I did, too, when I found these pictures hidden in a draft post :)
      Thanks! A lovely day to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Ce surpriza, intr-adevar ! Minunati trandafiri ai si nici macii nu-s mai prejos, mai ales cel roz e asa de pastelat, nu cred c-am mai vazut un asemenea mac :) O luna buna, daca tot scriu la inceput de februarie ! Sper ca la voi nu sunt inundatii ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc la fel, Dani!
      Macul roz este un mac oriental, deci dintre cei pereni. Anul asta ar trebui sa fie si mai generos, avand in vedere ca anul trecut a fost primul lui an.
      La noi nu-s inundatii, dar nici iarna ca lumea - nu a fost zapada decat ffff putin si fiu-meu isi doreste asa tare!

      Delete
  3. Hi Iona,

    Thank you for your kind comment on my blog! You have some beautiful roses in your garden!

    Have a lovely evening!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit, Madelief.
      I love your blog

      Delete