Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hello, Spring!

As I was saying in my earlier entry, when I returned from a week away, I found the garden in an explosion of colour.
The leaves and the blooms and the fragrances - this is really a most joyous time for a gardener, be it such an amateur as I am :)
I took a garden tour with my camera, a quick one, as I had no time to linger.
Here are some of the treasures I found:

I love anemones - such perfect blooms!



 The Fritilarias are difficult plants to establish for a gardener without much experience, but this year's success rate seems to be a rather decent one
 This is a scene that I really like. It's Lady Emma Hamilton rose with its copper foliage and orange hyacinth, plus the narcissus with the orange centre
 That's another side of this scene, but the upload on blogger seems to dislike most pictures in portrait format.
What should I do?
 
 My white Dicentra is so fresh and pure looking
 This one I forgot the name, but it looks like a giant Galanthus
 Pretty narcissus Thalia

 Pink muscari:
 The Hellebores are still in bloom
 I love Angelique tulips, they are in my top 2 favourite tulips together with Canaval de Nice, which are not in bloom yet



 I chose this Erodium plant as companion for a potted rose that I purchased this March. I do hope they're going to look good together



 My fruit plants look extremly promising this year.
Here is my biggest blueberry bush with hundreds of blooms:
and here are the blooms on my Mara des bois strawberries


2 comments:

  1. Nici nu stiu, ce-mi place mai mult. O minune de flori :) Sunt invidioasa mai ales pentru laleaua pestrita, care la mine nu s-a aclimatizat, si pentru aromatele Mara de bois, pe care nu le-am putut procura aici, in Grecia. Afini tocmai am plantat si noi, in doua glastre mai, ca sa-i putem muta la umbra mai incolo cand o sa se incinga termometrele :)
    O seara frumoasa, Ioana !

    ReplyDelete