Thursday, June 6, 2013

June is here! .... and spring

Yeah, spring seems to have finally arrived at the same time as June...oh, wait, this is supposed to be summer. They are all messed up anyway.
After a few days of sunshine and temps at around 22-24 degrees, my roses are full of buds, but not yet opened.
Last evening I took a quick tour of the garden to see how things are and I took some photos of the blooms.
Since we are leaving to Romania tomorrow, I want to have a view of the current blooms, as it will be warm and nice and sunny, so the garden will look completely different after my week away.

This is a combination I really like, especially since it is quite random - I had a bag of anemone bulbs, but they were mixed colours, so I had no idea what was to come up.
Two other colours of anemones came up, but this lilac one is my favourite.
Here are the other two :


I really really like columbines and I have three different kinds in my garden. They are rather new, so I hope they will produce variations from their seeds.
Here is Nora Barlow black - a rather hard to photograph colour if you do it with a phone - I should really give it a try with my camera.

 Nora Barlon pink in two different perspectives of the same bush

 And a white columbine - the newest I have
Speaking of white, I've always had the dream of a white garden. I have a very small plot to garden on right now, so this is still a dream of luxury :-)
In the mean while, I enjoy the white or almost white flowers in my garden.
This white grape-hiacynth that keeps on giving and giving new blooms (there are some buds that are just coming out of the ground right now).
 This white dicentra - I do prefer it to its classical "bleeding heart" sister
 And this great iris that is actually not completely white, but an almost washed out mauve.
A huge plus about it - also smells great.
Yes, my irises only start blooming now - what did I tell you about spring and June?

1 comment:

  1. Ai deja multe flori albe, Ioana. Si ce colombine splendide !!! Iar de dicentra, prima oara aud ca e parfumata. Eu am incercat o singura data cu una roz si am pierdut-o instant, nu i-a placut la noi deloc :) Calatorie placuta si sa te intorci intr-o gradina plina de culoare si parfum !

    ReplyDelete