Thursday, May 23, 2013

What's Blooming in my Garden

Not a lot is blooming right now, as we had the coldest, wettest, most depressing spring.

I have a couple of raised beds for vegetables, which were not particularly happy with all this rain and cold. Not the zucchini! I loves it all and has started to produce ... just flowers for the times being, but it's getting there

Yes, I still have daffodils, these seems to last for a very long time - about a month in full bloom and they smell nice, too.

Talking about smell, this one has such a strong fragrance that, at dawn, I can feel it from the balcony on the first floor

The white muscari seems to be the last one to bloom in my garden (I also have pink and blue)

These a teeny-tiny tulips, which have 2-3 flowers per stem. They're quite cute

A ranunculus I planted last sprin that came back, but my phone did not manage to capture its colour very well.

These are my very late tulips, but i forgot their name and I don't like them all that much either.
Should probably move them from this mainly pink border

Blueberries!

My young lilac tree has only given me one flower spray this spring, not particularly generous

These are my new favourite tulips! I love, love, love them!
They're called Double Carnaval de Nice and their shape, colours and perfume are simply perfect.
Must buy more of the same in autum.


After almost a month struggling to open its buds, my first clematis flowers are here and they are huge, and they are pretty and climbing the arch like crazy.
I do hope next year they'll be a sight to behold.

1 comment:

  1. O ghirlanda de poze frumoase. Una si una :) Clematita are o nuanta superba !

    ReplyDelete