Friday, May 25, 2012

1, 2, 3 .... goooo color!

Summer is officially here, although still in a spring month, but the temperatures of around 28 degrees and more make me feel like summer. The work I've done in the garden lately hasn't been a lot of fun - watering, cleaning, digging, weeding and all this at almost 2 weeks until my due date. I don't complain though, I enjoy it and I believe it helps me keep in shape. The garden is doing well, filling in a bit and getting a bit of colour, too. I'm still waiting for the first rose buds to fully open and for the jasmin bush to send its beautiful fragrance in the garden and in the house. Yet, there are problems in paradise - there seem to be a lot of ants around my plants, ALOT of them! And I am not sure what to do about this, but I'll have to find a way to keep them away, especially since I have a suspicion they'll feast on the strawberries. All in all, my small veggie patch seems to be doing rather well. A few of the salads have survived and they're at this stage
The first sweet peppers are forming
And so are the raspberries
Flower-wise, I don't have much to show and, taking the risk of being extremely boring, I am posting yet another photo of my peony
Also, the potted sweet peas I bought a while ago started blooming in this electric sort of purple. The only down-side is that they are not fragrant :(
Here is a yellow pansy that seems to enjoy the mostly shaded spot where I planted it
And I shall end my entry for today with 2 small bouquets, one for indoors
and one for the garden table

No comments:

Post a Comment