Monday, May 14, 2012

Another week-end has gone by and I haven't worked a bit in the garden. Too bad!
I wish I had some time for it, as there is still so much to be done.

Unfortunately, my son has discovered a new "most fun" game in the garden - to pluck each bloom he can reach and pull its petals in a sort of game of "she loves me/she loves me not" and I do love him so, but this means he needs non-stop surveillance so I cannot do any work when I'm home alone with him.

In the meanwhile, the first rose is about the bloom, this year, once more, my oldest David Austin rose will be the first to open its pretty buds - it's Susan Williams-Ellis. It's only a matter of days now until I can smell its old-rose fragrance.

Also, a peony I bought this spring has opened its first buds, my only regret is that it has no fragrance.
Here's a picture of it

The other plants are doing quite well, the tomato plants are putting on their first buds, some lettuce plug-plants have died, but still have enough going stronger.

I do hope I find some time for gardening soon enough, while keeping my fingers crossed for the low temperatures forecast during the night for this week not to go as low as 0 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment