Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Bits of June

These days I had no time to go around the garden with my camera, so what I did was to take some photos with my phone.
I do have a lot of them, but I decided on a small selection.
 
Graham Thomas is giving me its best summer so far. Bunches of blooms and buds that open up successively.
 
I am trying to peg it a bit to the fence and I am doing it gradually. So far, so good, although the branch I had pegged last spring is now dead and into the compost bin.
Below, you can see it with some allium, seed heads of Black Barlow and a bit of Lady Emma Hamilton who looks not exactly her best self this year. I believe I need to prune it more severely ... or maybe I put too much rose food...
 
Here's a close-up of Artemis, by Tantau. It has really pretty blooms and glossy foliage and it has already grown into a big round bush in only its second summer, but it started sending there long shoots and the bush is not so balanced now, which I don't like much.
I am not a big fan of fragrance free roses and I had bought this one thinking it would have at least some fragrance. Alas it has none!
 
 
This is not the case of beautiful Pierre de Ronsard.
Before buying it, I had read complaints that it had no fragrance. Well, this proved to be not true - it has a very mild fresh fragrance, just enough so I don't feel disappointed when I dig my nose into its blooms.
I love this rose!
It blooms a lot, repeats well, has beautiful foliage, does well in partial shade and those blooms last for a very long time both on the bush and in the vase.
 
And I'm going to end my post today with a surprise - a Heleborus that started to rebloom!
Is this normal?!?
I am enjoying it none the less :)



3 comments:

  1. Chiar ca e ciudat sa reinfloreasca spanzul ... Minunate flori are GT iar in privinta lui Pierre de Ronsard, confirm si eu parfumul. Exact asa m-a surprins si pe mine :) As zice ca mirose chiar 3/5 intr-o zi calda, in care uleiurile volatile se simt la maxim. De Artemis nu stiam, are flori batute, foarte frumoase. Arata bine gradina in Iunie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Da, așa mi se pare și mie apropos de spânz. Dar nu mă plâng :)
      Mie îmi e greu să dau note mirosului, dar e drept că este ușor sesizabil.
      Mersi de vizită. Văd că nu ai mai postat nimic de o vreme. Sper că e totul ok

      Delete
    2. E totul bine, multumesc Ioana :) A venit vara cu caldurile obisnuite si m-am molesit. Plus ca am doi baieti in sesiune ( sotul meu isi face lucrarea de diploma iar baiatul cel mare are examenele finale, un fel de teze pe care le da pe parcursul ultimei luni de scoala ) si am emotii pentru ei :)

      Delete